You can create a safer sleep environment for your baby by doing the following;
- Choose a firm, new and clean mattress
- Use only one fitted sheet on your babies mattress
- Keep toys, stuffed animals and electronics out of the sleeping area
- Abstain from using pillows, blankets and sheets
- Dress your baby appropriately for your home's temperature (instead of using blankets)
- Keep the crib bare and simple, no toys, decor items or "bumpers" on the crib
- Lay your baby flat on his or her back (back to sleep)
- Feed your baby only what he or she needs. Don't attempt to sooth your baby by overfeeding him or her. Learn other soothing techniques.
- Burp your baby before laying him or her down
- Don't allow smoking in your home
These are just a few tips to create a safer sleeping environment for your baby. What tips would you share with fellow moms?
Like what you're reading? Drop your email below so that we can stay in touch.
Sis. Freya is the creator of RootMama. She loves encouraging women to achieve greatness.
|Pregnancy | Parenting | Natural Lifestyle | RootMama | Organic Herbs||
Rooting for mom
Copyright © RootMama LLC 2012 - 2017 / All Rights Reserved